2 years old

2 years old
Angle Face

Monday, October 1, 2012

Oct 1 Down Syndrome Awareness Month




October is Down Syndrome Awareness Month!  As a mother of a daughter with Down Syndrome, I would like to pledge to write everyday for the month of  October with the hopes that if one person reads our blog, then they will see Maddison through my eyes, and if it makes them happy, makes them understand, or just gives someone hope, then I will be thrilled.
My little girl means the world to me.  I have a slightly different view of someone with special needs.  I simply adore them, and seek them out.  (I always have) I truly believe it has always been my calling to work with special needs children.  Little did I know it was God's plan to give me a child with special needs.  I never really went through the why me stage.  I am one to usually think "Why not me me?"  I never went through a grieving stage for the daughter she wouldn't be.  I did however wonder how the world would except her.  But I have realized it really doesn't matter.  Her father and I, along with her 3 siblings, and lots of wonderful family members, are the only ones who will be her constant and will protect her, and will love her unconditionally.  I am thankful that I have found so many people who have such wonderful children and that whether the people know it or not I consider them close friends.  I have learned so much through reading other blogs.   Okay...okay.... my fussy pants is ready for bed....more tomorrow and the next day and the next day..........

No comments:

Post a Comment